Friday, 11 May 2012

Jay is back LOL

Okay so I haven't posted anything in a while, mostly because I haven't really done much lately.  Jay is back and he openly does not approve of my crazyness.  He thinks that I could spend my time in more lets say useful ways like cleaning and so on.  I still do some work but not as much as when he is not here.  Another reason for this is that I crochet at night when the kids are sleeping because I have nothing else to do.  When he is here, he's awake with me so I'm not bored out of my mind by myself.  Which is also why I haven't blogged.  This is my way of secretly sharing my obsessions with people who like me are yarn obsessed :)


I did manage to do some work and here are some pics of my recent work.  Hope you like it :)  Most are things for my photographer friend, but I am making some fedoras for my girls.  


Well first of all I wanted to show you guys my top hat/bow tie set.  I have desperately been trying to work on some boy things I could pass on to my friend.  Girls are so much easier to work on.  Just make it cute and add flowers and you're done.  Boys... Well they're a whole different story.



And here is my cowboy hat.  I worked this pattern from memory, and apparently I did the brim differently.  It came out so much more like a cowboy hat than a fedora.  I do love it though.  I think it's so cute.  What I did is work two rows of increases when I started the brim, and then tried to bring it down by working two rows without any increases.  It made the brim roll up like that.  Love it, and will definitely re-create it.



And I have been wanting to make a pill box hat.  This is what I came up with.  Not sure how much I love it, but I think it is cute.  Will definitely be working up another one of these.  I think I will work one up for my Bella girl.  She would look really cute in one and definitely wear it.  Aelianka would rip it off her head before I would even get a chance to put it on.



And here is a pattern I tested for another wonderful designer.  Take Me Out to the Ballgame hat by Hatch-ed with Love.  I added a flower to it for a little girl hat, but it is a detachable flower like with all the rest of my hats so it can be a hat for a boy or a girl.  The hat is very pretty and I was very glad to test it.  




3 comments:

  1. Lovely had girl!! Get your craziness out when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the hats! My favorite is the cowboy one! Wish I knew how to crochet! I wonder if there is a knitted cowboy hat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my hats. The cowboy one was lots of fun to make. And as to knitted cowboy hats, well if they don't have one yet I'm sure they soon will.

      Delete