Thursday, 3 January 2013

The New Year

Here is to the New Year, and new beginnings.  We have been sick though the holidays and the New Year I spent in bed.  I am not big on celebrating so did not miss much.  I do try to do better than in the year before though.... so try to make a few New Year's resolutions.... that usually fade out as the months go on.  But here's to making this year better than the last :)

I have been super busy in the last few months crocheting and testing patterns.  I am now finally getting caught up on the things I wanted to make for my kids.  

What do you make with all your yarn ends?  Well I would tie it on and roll it into a big ball... Decided to use it up when making my son's gift.  A snake.  It's still a work in progress as he decided he wanted a cobra which complicated things a bit... I am now working on the flat cobra head... Oh the fun :)





Another project I worked on was an owl purse.  I've seen many different ones online... quite a few free.  I loved this Wise Owl Tote Bag from Red Heart.  It looked so lovely that I decided to make one.  Here is how mine turned out.


And here are some boot cuffs that I tested. They too turned out great. Best thing is they fit both of my girls.  Now that's definitely a bonus.

A friend from work had a birthday, in December and what better time to share my talents.  I made her a hat, and she loved it. That's what makes it all worth while.  I used the Little Miss Muffin pattern.  It is a second hat I made with this pattern.  The first one was for my daughter.  They both turned out awesome. 



And a little gift for me... I participated in a gift exchange with some of my fellow crochet ladies and got totally spoiled.  I got lots of goodies... Eeek :)




And last but not least, two of the many patterns I have tested that I totally fell in love with.  The Oopsy Loopsy hat by Boomer Beanies





Happy New Year Everyone :)


1 comment:

  1. I like your work!
    ..and..
    I just nominated you for a Liebster Award!
    visit this link to find out more about it and get the questions I set up for you!
    http://asktracyann.crochethappy.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete