Thursday, 5 November 2015

Hello Again

It has been quite some time since I blogged.  I just could not find the time to do it, but I recently got some inspiration to start it up again when my son asked me to help him make a blog.  It's about monsters and aliens (his new obsession). If you would like to check it out here's a link:  http://themonstergroup.blogspot.ca/

I decided to switch it up a bit, since I lost my crojo, and include some of the other projects I've been working on, and hopefully give me some inspiration to do more.

With Christmas coming I am starting to plan for our yearly tradition.  Hand Made Christmas.  We started it 3 years ago and it was partly to keep with the polish tradition of Mokolaj, and me being upset of how commercialized Christmas has become along side with how materialistic and selfish my kids were acting.  My children ages 15, 7, 4, and 2 at the time have never given gifts to me or each other.  When I asked my oldest the reason he answered because I don't have money to buy you stuff.  The idea of getting creative and using his talents to make us something was ridiculous to him.  So I decided to teach them something about kindness and sharing, and what better day than December 6, the day we celebrate Mikolaja (St Nick) in Poland.

I decided that on December 6th we will exchange hand made gifts with each other.  I have to say that the girls received the news much better than the boys in the family.  The first year we picked names out of a hat and the kids only had to make for one person.  I made something for each one of them.  This year I want them to make something for everyone in the family.  While my older daughter is already planning on what she will make, my son is still very resistant to the idea.  He loves getting his gifts but not having to put forth the effort to make them.

My list this year, time permitting will include some other relatives and close friends that are like family to me.  I hope that they appreciate the love we put into these gifts.

I'm starting to make a list with the lovely people in my life I'd like to bless with some love.  And stressing over the little time I have to make it all.

2 comments:

  1. Jak się masz? What a great tradition. Handmade is always better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Are you making anything special for Christmas?

      Delete